5/18/10

What to wear to theme parks...

Why do some people think theme parks give them the right to dress so tacky? I'm not saying you gotta look your best. All I'm asking for is a little class people--a little class.
On Sunday I went to Six Flags with Matt and my uncle. My uncle is a roller coaster enthusiast and knows all the facts about them and which seats are best for which rides, which makes Six Flags that much more fun. We had a great day there-- there were no lines!!-- but one thing I did notice is the lack of appropriate fashion. Stacey and Clinton would have a hay day!
So, perhaps we should lay down some ground rules for what to wear? Shall we?
1. Please wear undergarments. A cami with a built in bra is not an undergarment. I'll even take a swimsuit as a substitute for an undergarment as long as it gives the proper support.
2. Please wear shirts. A swimsuit is not a shirt. Please don't wear white shirts unless you plan on skipping all water rides.
3. Please wear shorts. Not dresses, not skirts, not pants (unless you are at a theme park up north in winter). Remember you will be straddling seats on several of the rides-- shorts are your best bet! Athletic shorts are fine! I thought I would share the shorts I wore. They are knit jersey and sooo comfy, but yet the bow makes them more everyday and less work-outy. I also like the length. It is so hard for me to find shorts I like, but these from Forever 21 gained my stamp of approval.

4. Shoes: most people would recommend wearing tennis shoes since you are walking a lot. Personally, I don't like how hot my feet get when I have to wear socks, so I opt for some comfy sandals. The best kind are the ones that strap to your feet. If you wear flip flops, you have to take them off for most of the rides and walk barefoot as you board. That kinda grosses me out so I like to wear sandals that strap on.
5. Purses: do NOT take them. I left mine at a loading dock once (everyone else was doing it) hoping the ride attendants would watch it for me. When I got off the ride it was gone-- so was my phone, wallet, license, debit card....etc. It's not really a great idea in hindsight. Now, for most of the coasters they make you rent a locker and leave your purse there before you get in line. This is a waste of time and money. I would recommend bringing a small coin purse with a key ring on it. Make sure it is attached securely!! Mine was strung on my double-knotted belt. If you have anything too big for the coin purse you can leave it in your car and get your hand stamped and go back out there if you need it.

And there you have it- my guide to proper theme park attire. Please abide by these 5 simple rules and we'll all enjoy ourselves. KThanks.

P.S. You may be wondering why I didn't have a photo shoot of myself this time. I know you are all very disappointed. ;) Well there's a little reason for that:
Bangs+roller coasters+sweatiness=hot mess.
.......................................................................................................................................................................
Outfit Details:
Top: Old Navy
Shorts: Forever 21
Shoes: TJ Max
Coin purse: Vera Bradley
........................................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips