1. Go all the way. Button your blouse all the way up to the neck~ I mean to the very top neck button! Sounds like such a tiny little change, but I was amazed at how different it made my outfit look! It just looks so retro, which is so now!
Picture borrowed from http://www.chictopia.com/Coconut
2. Do some pull ups. Pull a skirt all the way up to high waist. High-waist skirts are certainly no new trend, but it just recently dawned on me that I have a lot of old hip skirts I never wear anymore that I could just pull on up! This suddenly expanded my skirt selection a great deal~ woohoo! The best kind to pull up are the ones with elastic waistbands, but you could also try just using a belt to hold it at the waist. Plus, it's always a good thing when you emphasize the smallest part of your body~!
Picture borrowed from http://www.chictopia.com/lebonbonmulticolore
3. Be a tucker. Remember in middle school when teachers made you tuck in your shirts? We all hated it so much and I always felt so dorky! Well, now I love it!! I tuck in everything.
Picture borrowed from http://www.chictopia.com/atfashionsmercy
4. Sock it to me. If you're really brave enough, you can jump on this awesome trend and wear socks with your sandals!
Picture borrowed from http://www.chictopia.com/amandromeda
5. Jorts: Jeans+shorts= Jorts! And Dad, I'm not talking to you--only girls and really really trendy guys are allowed to follow this trend!
Picture borrowed from http://www.chictopia.com/meggstatus
6. Head Wrap: Wear a scarf on your head. I lot of people already do this, but I've never tried it so I thought I would!
Picture borrowed from: http://www.chictopia.com/Missmeags
7. Dirts. Dress worn as skirt= dirt??! I lot of people are wearing dresses as skirts these days. It probably works best with a strapless dress that you can just roll down the bodice portion. You can also try skirts as dresses or dresses as shirts (just tuck into a skirt or pants).
Picture borrowed from: http://kendieveryday.blogspot.com/
8. Blaze-it-down. Take a blazer from a suit and wear it with jeans or jean shorts. Unfortunately this is one that won't be free for me since I don't own a suit, but I thought you all might already own one! I must find a navy blazer fast!!!
Picture borrowed from: http://www.chictopia.com/thevintagesociety
9. Mix and Don't Match. Wear stripes with polka dots or florals with plaids or whatever! Anything goes these days. For the best result, make sure there is a common color in your top and bottoms.
Picture borrowed from: http://www.chictopia.com/s3r3nity
10. Tie it up: I think a tied up shirt would be a great look for the beach!
Picture borrowed from: http://www.chictopia.com/Bernadeth