10/14/13

Perfect Pumpkin Bread

 
I've searched high and low. I've tested, I've baked, I've experimented, I've perfected, and by george I think I've got it! The perfect pumpkin bread recipe! Here is how I do it: 
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree 
4 eggs 
1 cup oil 
2/3 cup water 
3 cups sugar 
3 1/2 cups flour 
 2 t baking soda 
1 1/2 t salt 
1 t cinnamon (heaping!) 
1 t nutmeg (heaping!) 
3/4 bag chocolate chips (optional)
Mix wet ingredients first, then slowly add in all dry ingredients. Grease 3 7x3 pans really well and pour in batter. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes. 
 *tip after many frustrating attempts with burnt edges and doughy center, I've learned to fill the pans only 1/2 way full. This helps evenly bake! 
*tip 2: This makes a LOT of pumpkin bread- perfect for sharing! Your co-workers or neighbors will thank you!
 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips