8/17/12

50 shades of mint: day 3

I'm not limiting this mint trend to fashion! I'm totally a fan of the taste of mint too! When I came across this recipe for fresh mint ice cream, I quickly pinned it and then made it the very next day. It is by FAR the best homemade ice cream I have ever had, y'all.  It has just a hint of mint taste that is not too overbearing which makes it totally refreshing!

After 2 or 3 or 4 failed attempts at growing herbs, I am proud to present our first herb success: mint! We have really enjoyed using it in various drinks, and now ice cream!
The cast of characters you will need to make this delicious treat.
(I used 1/2 cup heavy cream and 2 1/2 cups of whole milk because that's what we had on hand. For everything else I followed the recipe.)

Thanks to Cookie and Kate for the recipe! Now excuse me while I run to my freezer to eat the rest of this..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips