10/3/12

How to wear: Peplum and Burgundy

I've shown you my Fall shopping checklist. Now, I'm showing you how I'm styling my new purchases! I'm mixing them in with basics already in my closet. Today's look happens to incorporate both #1 and #2 on my shopping checklist: peplums and burgundy!
Peplums are best worn with straight pencil skirts or skinny pants. That will really let the peplum do its thing and give you that hour-glass figure illusion! I decided to go for an all-out lady-like look this time and kept my shoes and accessories feminine.
It looks like I may need to add another item to my list of favorite trends: Chevron! Notice the little detail on my shoes? I think I could do a whole post on my love for this print! 
 
 Check out the great detail of this fabric. I love the texture created from the pleats!
 
(top: Zara, Skirt: Loft, shoes: Missoni for Target, necklace: Forever 21, earrings: C. Wonder, ring: streets of NYC)
Stay tuned for more ways to style my 7 favorite Fall trends this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips