11/14/12

Snapshots of Thanksgiving 2012

That's right. Our Thanksgiving celebration came early this year! We went against tradition and held the event at my house!! (Yikes!) It was a lot of work, but so fun!! Perhaps you'll enjoy taking a peak at my decor and food and family as you get ready for your own Thanksgiving next week!
I decided to keep the decor pretty simple on the main table. I used my Vera Wang Grosgrain china for the first time, which was pretty exciting you guys. Normally at Thanksgiving, my family is all about some paper trays, but this year I made us be fancy.  I bought those cute little glitter pumpkins at Michael's. The cake plate centerpiece is an antique! I used some leftover scrap fabric and made a quick runner. (Recognize the Ikat?) Then I added a burlap ribbon down the center.
 
I bought 2 new end chairs just for the occasion since originally my dining table only sat 4. Hello World Market 25% off sale, right? I just love the nailhead trim. This girl helped me pick them out.
 
I had the idea to do a thankful tree (with a little help from Pinterest.) I went out in my backyard and grabbed some branches and threw them in a vase. I found these cute wooden tags at Michael's and painted them with grey chalkboard paint. Everyone had fun writing down what they were thankful for and then hanging it on the tree.
 
Since we had 17 guests, I had to find spots to squeeze everyone in so I used the Breakfast nook. Some people even sat outside! I used my everyday china on this table with the Vera Wang dessert plates and ramekins with real cranberries.
I wrote the menu on my collage wall and added a Thanksgiving-appropriate Bible verse to my chalkboard. Don't worry, we did it pot-luck style. I only made a few things on this menu and everyone else brought the rest.

Ok, is this not the most perfect turkey you've ever seen? My dad bought a brand new turkey fryer and fried this baby up. It was the most amazing moist turkey ever!
And now for a few family photos just for fun:
 
The turkey fry crew.

My sweet sis Michalyn.

My other lovely sis Brittany and I.

Matt's family.

 My Aunt, Uncles, and sisters.

Matt's grandparents getting to know my grandparents.

My mom's family.

Matt's brother, grandmother, and mom.
Overall, I'd say this Thanksgiving was pretty awesome. I have a lot to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so cute and festive! I love the chairs!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips